Qualifications of a BCMGO Missionary
A BCMGO Missionary should be someone Who is…
1. A mature Christian who is an active member of a Baptist and/or other evangelical church. Students who are members of other evangelical churches should be supportive of Southern Baptist ministry and practice.
2. A leader and active worker in Baptist Collegiate Ministry activities or local Baptist church activities.
3. Spiritually, physically, and emotionally healthy.
4. Willing to go without receiving a salary. Some positions receive partial funding and will need to raise some of the finances for their mission experience.
5. Committed to seeking and raising support (whether prayer and/or financial).
5. Flexible and willing to serve others with a humble spirit.
6. Able to seriously commit to dates for applications to be submitted, participation in Mission Discovery Days and attendance at Commissioning Service and Orientation.
Dates for bcmGO 2020:
Application Deadlines: November 15, 2019 (Early) & February 14, 2020
Mission Discovery Days: November 18-19 & 25-26, 2019 (Early) AND February 20-21, 2020
Commissioning Service: Saturday, May 16, 2020 | Location - TBD
Orientation: May 15-16, 2020 | Location - TBD
7. Willing to complete BCMGO Summer Report Forms throughout the summer. These reports allow our BCMGO staff to best serve you and care for you during your summer service.